Penny Kittle

As a member of the Learning Through Teaching network of consultants through the University of New Hampshire, I am teaching a course on writing across the curriculum to inspiring, funny, smart teachers at Kennett High School in the glorious White Mountains of northern New Hampshire. I also bury myself in books of all kinds, write in my notebook almost every day and have the great honor of teaching seniors at the high school each morning at 7:45 a.m. It’s a wonderful life…even if it isn’t Oregon. I still miss my home state just about every day, and I don’t fish nearly as much as I should. I try to live by the words of St. Francis of Assisi. “Life is short and we haven’t too much time to gladden the hearts of those who travel this way with us. O, be swift to love; make haste to be kind.”

3 responses so far

3 Responses to “Penny Kittle”

1.   Kathryn Keeneon 29 May 2008 at 6:27 pm     1

That is the greatest quote! At the moment, I cannot remember the author of one I love about kindness, but it goes like this: “There are three things that are important in life. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. The third is to be kind. I use it when the kids write positive adjectives about each other for the Important Book. Thaks for letting us into your life; a nice connection was made by us faculty at the meetings…
    KLK

2.   macleonon 03 Oct 2008 at 9:46 am     2

With the time I’ve had to this point in my life I have learned one thing for sure, life is fragile and temporary so, go fishing if you want, but do whatever is important to you.
    As a Zen master might put it, Embrace impermanence, live in the moment.
    Dan

3.   Johnon 23 Mar 2010 at 8:19 am     3

I also like the similar quote,

Life is short, eat dessert first!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS